Monday, July 20

a pretty good monday.

Sitting at my kitchen table at home (the home I grew up in and one that rarely feels as such lately.) But when I woke up this morning (ok, I admit.. this afternoon) There was a bowl of grapes and all the best parts of the KC Star separated out for me. and it felt like home.


I know I make resolutions at the beginning of all things new. but I've made one this morning for 1247 1/2. (the house I will move into soon for this next school year. where I'll be living with people who are basically strangers.) I resolve to have open honest communication with all of them. to never go to bed mad at one of them. and to make them one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner per month. It might be waffles or just some fresh fruit for breakfast. simple sandwiches for lunch or maybe some JDel, and probably a classic one of my recipes (hamburger soup, pork chops etc) for dinner. something simple, but I think they will appreciate it. And I think if we all make an effort to make each others lives better, and not just our own.. then it will be a home.


Free video on itunes right now - I'm only 26 seconds into it and I like it. It's Brooke White (who I believe was on American Idol) singing Radio Radio
I like.
I also am really liking Pandora, I should get my own account because I'm still using someone else's who signed in on my computer. When we were in Apron Strings (a cutesy kitchen store in Hutch, KS) they were playing Pandora - a station made of songs similar to Duffy
I'm still watching this video - I love the imagery. It's bright and summery and I love the part where she's running and dancing. I so do that :) when no one is watching! haha that's why I like running in the dark or not on the street :)

Also. Today is a big day. I'm wearing an AGD shirt for the first time since I officially quit. It seems little, but half my wardrobe disappeared into storage that day, and I'm finally being okay with wearing it again.

Love, newspapers, grapes, and music,
J

No comments: