Friday, February 27

In the long run, they're just photos.

Met a lady at the mac store today.
"My daughter's iphone headphone jack broke. We came into the mac store only wanting to swap it if we could get the 1000 photos off of it. He burned us a CD, gave us a new phone. We checked the CD. it has 32 photos on it"
So of course she was upset, she had lost 900 some photos, including ones of her dog who died last month.
And yes, this was the only place the photos were, the daughter's hard drive had crashed and there was no back ups.

I told her, I've lost photos. I've cried. people just don't think to print or back up photos. It's hard to work with a different person the next day who doesn't know the situation.

As far as I know, she didn't get the photos back.

My mac genius rocked. His name was James and he fixed my problems and my computer is yet again up and running. no scary globe here!

The point of this. In the end, it's only a car with a dent. (yes, a new car.. but still.. everyone was okay..)
In the end, it's just one or two bad days. one or two bad things that really matter.

I need to turn my attitude around and I can tell no one is going to be helping me with that anytime soon. My friends kind of suck and well, I guess I have to accept that for now. I kinda suck as a friend too. but hey, how can I improve when you won't tell me what I suck at?

allrighty then.. it's only photos. It's only life. Everything will be okay. today's a new day.

one sentence OTD: I cried immediately after dropping my phone in the toilet, but these three days of talking only with the people I want to talk with have been the most peaceful and enjoyable in my recent memory.

No comments: