Yesterday was a moody one after I figured out that I couldn't log into my univerity's career website that would allow me to apply for a career workshop I REALLY want to do.
- the deadline was yesterday, so this inability to log in meant I would not be able to apply.
- Last year I wasn't eligible (by .02 GPA point lack). (this statement is to show you I have invested a lot of time wanting to be in this class, even longer wanting to do this type of career.) (and this workshop is part of the reason I worked so hard tom improve my GPA last semester!)
- The reason I waited so long was due to having to write a 250 word essay describing why I wanted to learn more about Pharmecutical Sales, the topic of the workshop. I finally wrote it a few days ago on paper and just needed to type,edit, and submit it. My GPA is still on the line.. so I feel that puts more importance on this essay and I wanted it to be good.
Apparently though, I was trying to log in on the employers.. not the students page. I logged in today, partially just to really confirm to myself that I had missed the deadline and was an idiot.
today is awesome because:
- they extended the deadline
- I just finished editing the essay and it is better than I thought it would be!
What do you think?
At the marketing roundtables I talked to an Eli Lilly pharmaceutical representative named Koby and asked him about a green and white lapel pin he was wearing. As he explained Pain Awareness Month, I could tell he cared about more than just ‘pushing the product.’
Marina is a twenty-something Californian and Youtuber (ysabellabrave) suffering from Fibromyalgia. I had watched many of her videos and enjoyed her singing classic songs that are usually only found on vinyl, insightful anecdotes, and her faith in God and humanity.
One day she spoke about her fibromyalgia. I had already admired her ability to always be positive and smiling, and it increased tenfold after I learned of her constant suffering. It inspired me to learn more about the disease. I am always excited to see when she updates us on her ‘good days’, especially when she received disability, as pain disease sufferers are often misunderstood and given little assistance.
Although it is an unconventional way to be aware of an issue, I have found that Youtube has a way of making the world smaller, and also allows me to educate myself on many deserving issues I would not otherwise encounter.
I want to find a career where I can be professional and competitive and be able to impact the lives of people like Marina who deserve to be healthy, happy, and correctly diagnosed. I think the Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical class would be a great opportunity for me to learn how to better accomplish that goal.
Love, luck, and career workshops galore ,
J

No comments:
Post a Comment