So Positioning is one of the 4 basics of marketing (along with Price, Place (distribution), and Promotion)
When a consumer thinks of buying something - the position of the product is important because you want to be the product that is on the top of their mind. You want to place yourself or your product in the correct file folder.
In order to do promotion, you have to figure out what you want your position to be. Not only for products, but also for yourself. When you look for a job and go to an interview, you have to know how to promote yourself and to do that - you have to know what benefits you have - why you are best for the job.
So maybe now that I've had a marketing class - social situations become opportunities.
I meet my new roommates - what is it that I want them to know - how do I want them to see me. I get a fresh slate - so what is that slate going to say.
I also figured out today that my most recent crush (CM)(still trying to get over him, although I feel like I'm almost there.. and sometimes I feel like I am over him) but he's got a talent for positioning. He is often top of my mind. When I have back pain - I remember he was a massage therapist. I've only seen his car once - but it's small and white - so when i see a car matching that description - I often check to see if it's him. There are a lot of small, white cars out there. My favorite coffee shop - a place he took me to first.
I wish this was organized better - just had to write it down. I realized it while I was running and went by his house - just how hard it is to not think about him because he's done such a good job positioning himself. uhm.. twss. anyways..
I want to position myself as a strong independent woman who isn't the girl who gets upset when a boy doesn't call, because the boy always calls. I want to be sexy and not just cute, not always act as innocent. But I would rather be seen as innocent than slut. so I guess I need to find a middle ground.
The other problem - I lost my only solid position - the photo girl. I don't even have a small camera. position fail.
J

1 comment:
I lol-ed at "love and positions" hahaha!
I totally know what you are saying about some people really having good "positioning" haha it sucks.
And I LOVE Zooey. She's my favorite actress ever. And 500 Days of Summer hasn't come out yet, but apparently Zooey plays a character named Summer, so what could be better than that?
Post a Comment