Friday, May 1

Spanish Memorabilia!

I went to Spain in 2004 and one of my favorite photos (well besides the party gutter!) was of this church. I didn't remember what it was called until my friend Dara posted photos of it today, it's in Barcelona and is called the Sacred family Temple. What makes this part that I photographed so special is its one of the only places where Jesus is depicted on a horizontal cross instead of a vertical standing one.

It's also notable that the guards look like the dudes in star wars.



this is one I took at a fountain. I also forget the name and city but it plays music and the water goes along to the music. I remember being slightly disappointed that a lot of the music was in English! I also remember a side comment from CA about how this was a romantic spot and how I blew it off at the time but then spent far too long wondering if he meant anything by it.


Oh man! The Spanish sure know how to party! I can't beleive we spotted this treasure of a gutter, but I HAD to take a picture!


And this last one I have on my wall is a painter capturing a plaza area perfectly. One of the best parts about spain was the art- art was everywhere!!



this is a small painting I bought on one of the last days in an outdoor market with lots of vendors. I bought a few, wish I would have bought more. They were originally supposed to be gifts but I never could part with any of them!

That outdoor place was also where I bought a necklace I still wear sometimes.. but am too lazy to go get to take a pic of :)

Well I guess I have one more thing from Spain on my walls - This is a painting I bought in Ronda, Spain the second time I visited. My sister was studying abroad there, so this would have been in 2006. It looks like a real painting but it's actually a print and then someone added texture to it, but I love it!

And I also have a sword that is hella sweet that I got in Spain.. but I can't get a good pic of it without me in it and I look like crap. slept farr too much last night and it was wonderful! After a crazy busy day of tests, I deserved it!


Sooo.. This blog isn't actually that long because it's mostly photos.. but I'm gonna keep rambling because something really exciting happened! through the amazingness of Craigslist I found a home! that's right folks, I won't be homeless next year! The house is super close to campus, the girls seem amazing and the address ends in 1/2 (how amazing is that!) There are some downsides, I would be sharing the attic room, which sounds a lot worse than it is!
I really want to make a may day basket and ding dong ditch them and say 'can I be your roomie?' but I'm not sure if I'm that brave. I feel kinda like its a fancy way to ask someone to prom.. I'm not sure if they're the type to appreciate it or think I'm crazy.

also - It's the last day of BEDA. I will continue to post of course because I am addicted to the idea of the B-log.
and, words of affirmation are kinda the best thing ever.. I asked a friend , who is a guy, about the whole if he hasn't called thing. and this was a much more charming and kind answer that I ever would have expected. thanks PC.
'If i was really interested in a girl, i would have asked for her number and called her...i don't think you should waste your time on a guy like this when there is a ton of other great guys out there. You will find the perfect guy eventually and you will know it because he will want to talk and hang out with you"
boys sometimes don't realize that their input, especially when it comes to matters of the heart, can be so appreciated. The feeling of having these guys (AR was actually way helpful too! even if his advice was to in nicer words, grow a pair and text him) encouraging or giving me advice is currently better than having an actual boy.
And either way, it was a fun night. So I might text him, but my heart will be more guarded. I'm going out tonight, so maybe he'll get a text to come accompany me and buy me drinks :)

No comments: