I like watching trippy fashion show videos from russia.
This is a story about a random happenstance making me want to research a crazy concept.
Last summer I was in California with my cousin (12), her friend and her mom on a yearly trip we take to the LA gift show. It was our shopping day where we spend a lot of time in shops we can't afford but that sometimes have things on sale and are also just uper fun to look at !
So This day we saw a paparazzi and asked it he had seen anyone famous lately. That morning he had seen Katherine Heigl! except he pronounced it Hee-gull.
Then a bit later on the same street we saw him and a few other photographers outside of a shop. My cousin and I decided to investigate and there was a young pretty girl talking to some customers and looking around. I had my 12 year old cousin investigate by asking the cashier who she was -- She's the designer! We were in a Kira Plastinina store and this was Kira! 
so cool! so we talked to her and I got a pic of my cousin and her friend with Kira, we bought a few things and left.
The store layout was really cool and it was surprisingly affordable, but the best part was the packaging. I bought a necklace and they put it in a Kira box and the little tank top I bought was put into a huge beautiful bag with hearts on it. 
the dark pink bag is the one I got
So how does this 16 year old have her own fashion line? When I got home I put on my detective hat to find out.
Long story short: It turns out her dad is a bazillionaire because of orange juice.
Orange juice concentrate to be exact. It wasn't available in russia and he thought it would sell. it did. a lot.
And so he can afford to help finance a fashion line for his daughter and she has over 70 stores in Russia and had 12 newly opened in the USA and a few in other places too!
And now KP of USA filed for bankruptcy.
This is really the first thing the 'hard economic times' have done to affect me. They took away my new favorite, affordable, Californian botique where I could buy things and say 'I met her!' when people asked about it! and I lost the tank.
and on a sidenote: my cousin is adorable and still tags kira, her facebook friend now!, in notes and stuff on facebook.
8 hours ago

1 comment:
Orange juice? Why didn't I think of that?
I'm glad to see you're keeping up with BEDA. I've seen a lot of people quit.
Post a Comment