Thursday, February 5

In high school I learned the importance of journalism.
I saw my sister succeed in something that she was proud of and really good at.
In college I saw my sister write blurbs about flavored condoms.
Today I saw my sister's feature article about the service dog she is raising.
I encourage you to read it here.
It's informational, emotional, and interesting. It's a good journalistic feature story. And it's not about condoms.
I'm proud of my sister. But I wish she had been able to communicate this to me earlier. I have given her crap about her dog and the way she expects people to help her with it. I'm ashamed of that in some ways... but also not. She didn't explain to me in a way that I understood why the eff she would want to do this. I think I understand better and I think that this is why stories are so important.
I know she wrote this knowing I would read it.
I know she wrote this knowing she would save it forever to remember this time in her life.
and I know she wrote this because she really does want to help people do good things like her and appreciate those who do do these things.
And I know she wrote this to encourage others to adopt more KSDS service dogs to raise.

No comments: