Tuesday, December 9

Semi formal


I'm in the polka dots, my date is on the end.


I had an amazing time. He's a good date.


Ever heard of love languages? Quality time, receiving gifts, physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation.
for more info : Learn the love languages.

The point is that people feel loved differently. A hug to one person might mean the world and to another might be uncomfortable. Some people would rather you do a simple chore for them that tell them they are wonderful. It just all depends on the person.

My love languages are words of affirmation and physical touch. Mostly touch. and I don't get it enough. I used to get a lot of hugs from my high school friends.. but my college girls- they dont understand that that is my love language. and well, I don't have boys very often. And at this dance we danced close, he put his arm around me, held my hand, and I got an awesome hug goodbye.

It was nice. really super nice. to have someone touch me. (and I know that sounds weird.. but really.. just hugs and hand holding and little things.. they just make my day brighter.) I felt like a girl. and that was nice. being the never been kissed 21 year old, sometimes I don't feel so girly, so pretty. He made me feel pretty.

The point is that this makes me feel good. it was a wonderful wonderful night filled with big smiles, tasty drinks, and un-awkward conversations.

I don't know if I like him. I don't know if he likes me.
Right now, I enjoy his company and he enjoys mine. and we both had a good time. that's enough for me.


We need 4 hugs a day for survival.
We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
We need 12 hugs a day for growth.

Virginia Satir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! you look beautiful and your date is really cute. Glad you had fun!