Sunday, September 6

church.

I was baptised but not a practicing Catholic until 4th grade. my grandma cleo died and I didn't understand heaven etc. I asked my mom if we could start going to church. So me, my mom, and april became members of Good Shepherd Catholic church.


I am now at college and attending a new church which is literally a 45 second walk from my house, which makes it easy to wake up 10 minutes before and get ready quickly!

And today I figured out another reason I love going to church.
In the monotonous repeating of words I've said since 4th grade, I can plan in my head. but it's not the type of to do list making I do frantically during class. It's the type that is just thinking about what I can do and how I can think differently about how I am living my life.

It's just relaxing.

It's similar to the reason I love prayer (esp the TALK way) You take time to actually realize how thankful you are for all you have and take time to ask God to help you to make the things that aren't going so well possible. And maybe there isn't a higher power up there listening, but it's amazing how clear my thoughts are. It's fun to see what comes to mind when I want to pray. What I am thankful for. What petitions I have. Most of them are things I don't take time to think about in my day to day routine.


I'm going to try to eat healthier this week (already started, delicious omelet and fruit for breakfast along with a dose of knowledge that is my first issue of the KC star that came to my door this morning! yeeess!)

I'm going to figure out a better study schedule.

I'm going to spend more time being productive while spending time with friends, mainly the boy. I'll have a list of things ready to study for when he needs to get stuff done as well.

I'm going to make more of an effort to be friends with my roomies.

I'm going to make more of an effort to be friends with more people and hang out and have fun.
I'm going to fully appreciate the time I have with the people I like a lot. because sometimes they are gone for a weekend and I feel silly because I don't know what to do with myself without them around.

Also. Rock Chalk Jayhawk. we clobbered Northern colorado!

Love, prayer and Jayhawks,
J


also.This explains a lot about why I blog.
"I write to express myself. I write to record the things I do and see and experience. And especially lately, I write because I am dealing with a lot of things, and this blog is one of the only things that feels familiar. I don't write to be the best at it."- Kristina Horner

also. i just read an entry of kristina's and an entry of hayley's and realized how much I miss reading what they have to say!

No comments: