Monday, January 19

Moments

There are always moments you want to always remember. Even if you can't remember everything about them. little tidbits of information you learn and get to use again. I like those.

Like when I was probably around 7th grade, I started giving communion at church. For me, it was great because church is as a whole, a boring hour, when you're not old enough to comprehend much of what is said. So it was a break where I got to help out and smile at some people who needed it.

And when I was learning to do communion. They taught us about how to deal with if someone sticks their tongue out to receive communion without having to touch their tongues and that we had to eat the broken bits and only put the whole hosts in the sacristy.

But my favorite thing I learned was that when you put a host in someone's hand, you place it so that your middle and pointer finger touch the palm of their hand. It's a small gesture. But as we learned,
"For some people, that's the only touch they will get all week."

1 comment:

CIP said...

Wow! What a great post...I'm catholic and go to church, but I never even thought about that!