Monday, June 23

Waiting on a Woman.

On the radio today was a new song by Brad Paisley, Waiting on a Woman.

It has caused me to have this train of thought.

When I was little, I was the hardest person to wake up. My mom would nicely come in 15 times and say, Jaaaackie, time to get uppp! good morning sleepyhead! In her sweetest cheesiest voice, which would finally annoy me enough to make me just get up.

And Whenever I was late, to leave the house or dinner or anything, whoever in the family was there would chime, "We don't mind waiting" Always in the same little melody. It used to make me angry. I was already stressed because I was late, and then they had to chastise me for it, remind me. But When I came to college and no longer had anyone to tell me they didn't mind I was late...



Which makes me come to the second train on this Memory Express, Men.

Disney and country songs both give me unrealistic expectations of men. This song says that this older man has been waiting on his wife since their first date, over 50 years ago! And he doesn't mind. I need that. I need someone who I can be late and hurried and frazzled, and they'll just chime, "I don't mind waiting" and mean it.



and a quote from the audio book I am enjoying currently, Half Blood Prince-

"Ah, Harry, how often this happens, even between the best of friends! Each of us believes that what he has to say is much more important than anything the other might have to contribute!"

No comments: